Friday, October 23, 2009

Busy busy month...

So, what have we been up to this last month? We were able to go to our first Get Up Kids concert at the end of September. Neither one of us has seen them live, or really listened to their music before, but we had a great time! I was sad because cameras were not allowed in. So this picture above was the only one you'll get to see! Thanks Rob and Ryan for the free tickets!!

October 8th-10th was my 10 year high school reunion!!! Can you believe that?? Now I feel like I am officially an adult! Ugh... Anyway, it was so fun to go because I got to spend time with two of best friends, Kalena and Ido. We were all best friends through high school and college. Ido is on the left and Kalena the right (above pic). We haven't been all together at home in Texas in about 8 years!! So it was sooooo fun to get to spend that time with them again.

In high school we all used to go hang out at IHOP in the middle of the night and play games. So we left the reunion's mixer to go to IHOP and relive those high school years!! That's me and Sam.

After IHOP we crashed Mike's party! Little did we know we'd be there until 5am!! We decided to leave when the paperboy started making his rounds! It was so fun though to get to see everyone!

The next day, Ido's sister planned a birthday party for her. She ended up making the party for all of us, so that was really nice. Ido's birthday was on the 8th, mine on the 13th and Kalena's was at the end of September. That's Emily down on the right hand side. She was only able to hang out for a little while that weekend. But we had fun with the pinata! Typical Ido tradition!!

I was getting spun around just before my turn to swing!

Our birthday cake!

Finally, the dinner/dance for the reunion! Aren't we cute?!

My mom got us a cake as well! Chocolate Truffle cake! Yum!!

I was sad I couldn't spend more time with my parents. My mom took me shopping for my birthday at the new outlet malls that are about 45 minutes from McAllen. That was fun! And I was glad I was able to spend Sunday with them as well. It was nice being home again. They've made a lot of changes! But it still felt like home!

I got home just before my birthday, so Clint and Natalie joined us for a birthday dinner at The Burger Bar. It was so fun and very delicious. After the hard nights of "partying" till 4-5am everynight in Texas, I got sick and lost my voice for about a week and a half. So that part of my birthday wasn't fun, but that's okay.

And after being gone all weekend without Wyatt, I was so glad to be home! I missed him and wished he could've been there too!

4 comments:

  1. Great pics Lou! Looks like you had fun with all your friends!

    (I still need to get an avocado burger!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe you should come up here to watch New Moon and we could get an avocado burger! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! It is always good to see friends that you haven't seen for awhile. And Happy Late Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, can I come get an avacado burger too??? :)

    I'm glad you had such a fun trip home with your friends! You looked so pretty on your "formal" dinner night!

    We're glad we could celebrate your bday with your!

    ReplyDelete