Friday, May 14, 2010

Our (Hopefully) New House!

So, a lot has been going on lately and I am barely getting a chance to blog about it. We're taking the plunge! We are in the process of purchasing our first home. We were planning to still rent for a while, but when this deal came along we couldn't pass it up. It'll be a townhouse, and suprisingly, it has a lot of privacy! We're so excited! Nothing is official yet, we're still in the process, but hopefully we'll be in closing by June 15th! It is a brand new build and comes with granite countertops and stainless steele appliances. Everything is energy efficient, which will come in nicely during the summertime!


It's a tri-plex unit. Ours will be the one on the left. There is another unit in the middle, between the two garages.


This is the backyard. It doesn't look like much, but for Vegas, it's Huge! There will be a lot of work to do to make it really nice. It looks like a clean slate to me! Lots of fun projects in the future. I'm seeing a big covered patio, with nice patio furniture and a big BBQ! Can you see it? :)
This is the walkway to our front door and the gate to the backyard. I love how private it is! After living in an apartment my whole adult life, I'm so excited to have my own space!
I love the kitchen! Obviously, no appliances yet, but it'll look so nice once they're in! There's a lot more cupboard space than I'm used to also!


My camera doesn't do it justice, but this is the master bedroom! I love the two windows! You can also see part of the strip from there! The closet is Huge also! I'm standing on one side of it taking this picture. Again, it may not look like much in pictures, but in person it's sooo nice!


Here's the master bath. The house is a three bedroom, three bathroom. We have two master bedrooms upstairs and one bedroom downstairs with a bathroom right next to it. So lots of room for company!

Is it dumb to say that I like the stairway? I love the little windows up on top. It makes it feel light and airy!

Here's the living room. It's not quite done yet. They just laid the tile, so there's paper over it to protect it. I never really liked living rooms that have the little cut outs for the TV, but this one isn't bad. I kinda like how it just puts it out of the way of the rest of the room. The living room is definitely not as big as I would like, but it's a good starter home and it's much bigger than what we have now!

And last of all the door to the backyard! Wish us luck on our journey and pray for us to be able to get the house!
On a side note...I found these pictures when downloading my memory card! :)

My first attempt at a homemade apple pie. It was really good! Wyatt doesn't usually eat what I bake, but he loved this!

This on the other hand...what a disaster! I seriously just about cried! It was a lemonade chiffon cake with a raspberry filling. I couldn't frost it very well because the raspberry kept oozing out the side. The frosting was supposed to be white...but it turned out pink. Then I thought.."oh well, at least it looks good". Then I went to change clothes before Clint and Natalie came over, and when I came out, this is what I found! I was so embarrassed! But then, you've got to have a sense of humor about these things. I had to take a picture of the worst looking cake ever! But it tasted good, and that's all that matters I guess! Anyway...just had to share these funny pictures with you!

9 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! I love the pictures! It looks like a great house! And I love all the space you'll have...we can come mooch on you guys more now! :)

    And the desserts just make me want to eat something yummy right now, and I don't have anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the house. It looks very nice. It is super fun to have your own space. But as we have learned over the last month, it is a lot of work on Saturday. But it is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house is so beautiful and NEW!!! So nice! And I am jealous of your huge backyard! :) We're keeping our fingers crossed for you!

    You are a great cook and baker! The ugly cake was delicious!! I'm always excited to see what exciting treat you're going to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah!! How exciting! I hope everything goes through for you. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so exciting and it looks great I love the kitchen. Good Luck!! I hope everything goes through for you

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful home. I hope it all works out for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Megan & Wyatt,

    We are so behind on checking out blogs!! And I just saw the beautiful pictures. Your home is awesome! We are so excited for you both! Are you sure you want visitors?? Because Henry is begging to see Uncle Wyatt & Aunt Megan!! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. of course we'd love visitors!! and you guys are always welcome to come! we'd love to see the boys and wyatt would have fun letting henry touch an octopus! :)

    ReplyDelete