I have been wanting to see Garth Brooks live for years!! I had a chance when he came to South Padre Island years ago, but the concert was right after school started again for me in Idaho, so I had to miss it! Then he went into retirement! I was so sad I missed my chance! Then I hear he's coming to the Wynn in Las Vegas. Ha! I live just outside Vegas! Another chance to go! Well, I got to the website too late. SOLD OUT! :( sad again! So, I signed up on the Wynn website for info on future concert dates and to get notified when they go on sale. Well, last week I got an email from the Wynn telling me that there were some seats available. I wasn't going to miss this opportunity!! I called and snatched them up!
It was amazing! It was all acoustic, no band at all! It was so amazing to hear his true raw talent! It really sounded like I was listening to a CD, he was that good live! The theater was small so all seats were really good! The highlight for me was when he was taking requests. I don't know what got into me, but I stood up!! Two other ladies right next to me stood too, so when he acknowledged them, I just sat down. He got their requests and then pointed back up to me and said "what about you, little lady in red". I was sooooo excited! I stood up and made my request! I talked to Garth Brooks! Not much...but enough to give me a great memory!
Wyatt and I right before the concert. Wyatt doesn't like country really at all, but he was very impressed with this concert. He even had Garth Brooks songs in his head the next day! :)
It was funny when he walked out on stage. He just had on baggy jeans, a sweatshirt and a baseball cap! Just so relaxed! His wife, and fellow country star, Trisha Yearwood came out to sing a couple of songs too!
Not the best picture, but we weren't really supposed to be taking any pictures, so these will have to do! It was a great concert and I'm so happy I went. It was worth the wait. I'm kinda glad this was the one I got to go to. I heard when he was on the road with his band, that he was one of the greatest entertainers of all time. Loud fun shows, with lots of guitar smashing (yes that happens in country music too) etc...but this one was more intimate and you got to really hear the music. It was amazing!
Wow, you didn't tell me you'd talked to him!?!?!?! What song did you request?
ReplyDeleteI would have love to go to a concert too... Brad is like Wyatt he can't stand country music. So I will have to live through you. Glad you enjoyed it!
ReplyDeleteWow, my sister is famous now.
ReplyDeleteYou got to make a request??????? So awesome! I want to know what song, too!
ReplyDeleteIt's a song that was never a single but i really liked. it's called Ireland.
ReplyDeleteMaybe someday you can get Wyatt converted!
ReplyDeleteHe likes some things...but i don't think he'll ever convert! :) i'm workin on it though!
ReplyDelete