Friday, February 20, 2009

Joys of Womanhood...

So I was asked to talk to the Young Women on Sunday about "The Joys of Womanhood as a young married woman". I'm not too sure how to answer that. Everything I come up with is the joy of marriage. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. I was in this lesson a couple of weeks ago as the grandmother! Look up on LDS.org the lesson in the YW manual so you can see what they want. I think it is lesson 4 or so. Ilse Vergara was the young married who spoke in our lesson and she talked about not worrying about boyfriends in high school,waiting until you get out of hs, planning to go to the temple, etc. Just some ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah! you told me about that lesson!! :) that's something to think about! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, kind of what Mom said. You don't have to worry about boyfriends or the whole dating scene. You get to live with your best friend. You share the same values and don't have to worry about defending yourself. Saving yourself for the temple is totally worth it. Being "intimate" is nice, but not worth losing your salvation over. It's definitely worth the wait. Making decisions together, compromising, becoming ONE. That's just a few thoughts off the top of my mind. Dad told me right before I got married "Those who pray together, stay together." I've found when we've been good at saying our prayers together we are more unified and closer to one another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Megs I am a stocker, But I think as a young married to the young women I think it's important to remember not to rush into life. It all happens when time is right if we are just doing to the right things. Anyhow it might be too late to give you ideas. Hope all is well. I love you blog you are so cute. I miss you. I am trying to start one but I just don't get maybe after tax season.

    ReplyDelete