Monday, August 27, 2012

Beach days!

In June, we had a Salo family reunion in Oceanside, CA. It was so fun to spend time with family and for Nohea to visit her cousins. I was a wreck as a new mom trying to figure out sleep patterns, how much sun was okay and figure out when/where to feed her since she won't take a bottle. But regardless, we had fun!
 First day in California and of course we hit the beach. Wyatt really enjoyed introducing his daughter to the ocean.
 We took a day off from the beach to go to the San Diego Zoo. I had always wanted to go. I love the monkey in the background getting a drink upside down!
 Nohea and I enjoyed looking at the fish in the hippo exhibit.
 Daddy and Nohea liked the gorillas.
 Nohea was attacked by daddy outside the elephant exhibit. I love how she grabs your face when you kiss her! She loves it!
 My first time nursing in public...with  no walls or anything to make it private. Luckily I borrowed Natalie's cover up and we were just fine!
 Back to the water. I love watching Wyatt surf! He had a great time getting up early everyday and hitting the waves.
 Nohea liked the water. She seemed to like the sound of the waves. It's always so soothing.

 Nohea had her first bath in a sink. Thanks Aunt Staci!
 We went to the tidepools at Dana Point. I ended up staying back with Sarah and Katherine Claire. That hike was a little too much with babies. Clint ended up coming back early with Lincoln too.
 It was a little chilly at Dana Point.
 Family Pictures!
 Girls Rule!


 Grandma and Grandpa with all their grandkids. I love their faces!

 Just the adults!
 Nohea really likes wrappers! Anything that makes a crinkling sound is good to her!
Nohea and Daddy testing out the waters. I love her face here..."daddy, are you sure this is okay?"

 "...okay, yeah...this is pretty fun!"
 "Woohoo!"
 Beautiful sunset! Love the looks of love!
Best family picture of the trip! We loved our time in California and the fun we had with family! Can't wait to do it again!

2 comments:

  1. Now you're more caught up on blogging than I am! I'm just going to post a link on my blog to your beach post, so I can skip it-I'm too overwhelmed by the amount of pics! I'm sure my family will love all of the adorable pictures of Nohea! :-)

    You didn't seem like a wreck! I thought you were very calm. It was a fun week. Nohea definitely wins for the best bathing suit! The picture of Wyatt holding her up to miss the ocean makes me laugh-she's so chubby!!!! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! i was overwhelmed by the amount of pictures too! so i decided all i was going to use was pictures of nohea!

      Delete