A couple weeks earlier, hours before my baby shower, I had started bleeding, I called the doctor, but they said it was normal and to just keep an eye on it. The next day I started bleeding again and felt some contractions. My OB/GYN is in my ward, so I decided to go to church to ask him what I should do. And of course, he was on vacation! So I called the answering service and they told me to go to the hospital. So I went in and I was dilated 2cm. I had to take three rounds of pills to stop the labor and by the end of the three rounds, I was dilated to a 3...so needless to say the meds didn't work. Then, they started the shots. Again, 3 rounds of shots and in the end I was dilated to a 4...this little girl was ready to meet the world! :) I got admitted at this point, where they just pumped me full of fluids and had me rest and I eventually stopped progressing. I was released the next day and put on bed rest for the next week. My sister and her daughter Aizy came from Arizona to help us out while I was on bedrest so Wyatt could go to work, and I'd have help. I was so grateful because we were not prepared at all yet! I didn't even have a carseat! Leah went shopping for the baby and set up her nursery while I laid on the floor directing. My dad came to help out too at then end of the week. At my next visit, my doctor said I could go back to work if I wanted and that if the baby tried to come again we wouldn't stop it.Three days later...
| Nohea and Mommy minutes after delivery |
When the took her away, of course she was screaming, but as soon as daddy put his hand on her chest, she calmed right down! So precious!
Pops was Nohea's first visitor. He was a trooper through this whirlwind day! I'm so glad he was in town to be here! His flight back home was the next day! I'm grateful that he and Wyatt were able to give me a blessing before Nohea was born. It really carried me through!
Here's Nohea in the hospital. I just fell in love right away. She was the smallest little thing I'd ever seen or held! There is no greater moment in the world than when they lay your child in your arms.
Daddy and Nohea. Daddy fell in love before she was even born! He was a great husband during my pregnancy (and always!) and during labor. He never left my side. I was so grateful to have him there to keep me sane, hold my hand and leg :) and watch our daughter be born.
Here's Nohea in her crib her first night home. So so small! That is the quilt I made her before she was born. Meeting her was such a wonderful experience. I was proud of myself for being strong enough to deliver her. Its a very empowering feeling! :) We are so grateful to have her in our lives.
I forgot you were at an 8 when you got to the hospital! Next time you should just skip the epidural and power through! :-) Nohea is so precious.
ReplyDelete